We are looking for a chief storytelling officer. Our new Director of Content is a multi-channel and multi-format storyteller who understands how people want to interact with brands, and how brands can move people to act!
This person understands the interplay between owned, earned, shared and paid content channels – both from the perspective of the audience and the brand.
Our ideal candidate doesn’t prescribe tactics but instead uses social listening, data, market research, experience and knowledge to strategize and deliver the best storylines through the appropriate channels. You understand how people consume, engage with and share content.
You’ll be leading the Agency’s Content Team which is responsible for content creation, distribution and media relations, SEO optimization, social media management– and emerging channels including voice and AR/VR.
You’ll be directly reporting to Bruce Lev, Partner, and working with cross-functional teams that include account strategists, branding and creative strategists, designers, writers, media planners and our digital/web team.
Our client roster includes healthcare, retail, finance, life sciences, pharmaceutical, government and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic content lead across all lines of business
- Develop and execute content and PR strategies and programs (and work to improve them where needed)
- Departmental and account/client P&L responsibility
- Participate in new business development
- Lead day-to-day operations for Content Team (PR, social media and content functions)
- Lead client-facing briefings, including reporting, SOW reviews and budget tracking
- Coordinate team briefings in partnership with account leads
- There's more but that gives you the idea ... you're a leader by action and by your thinking!
- Earned media story development and pitching are second nature
- Social media - you get it, you use it, you know how brands should be using it!
- SEO doesn't scare you. In fact, you understand it's value in a content strategy
- Social listening isn't just what you do while people
- Creatively confident and intellectually curious
- Dedicated to cross-functional learning and training
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Public Relations
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Google)
- Social Listening (Netbase)